Tuesday, January 06, 2009

SparkPeople Boot Camp!!



Wowsers...Day 3 of the Boot Camp at SparkPeople...and I am feeling it!! Of course...it didn't help that I did 8 minutes of squats and lunges, working the thighs and glutes....and then proceeded to the recumbent bike for part of my cardio...using those same wore out muscles!! emoticon emoticon I did the last 2/3 of my cardio in 2 sessions on the treadmill, for a total of 30 minutes. 10 minute sessions are definitely easier to do. Had someone told me 10 years ago that I could work out in short bursts like that, I would have done it! But at that time, all you ever heard was that you had to workout 30-60 minutes 3-5 days a week. Yeesh. I know some people are able to do that, but at that time I sure wasn't one of them!! All excuses, I realize now.

I watched "The Biggest Loser" premiere tonight...and how dramatic and almost traumatic!! One of the contestants, I think he was 63, passed out and was taken to the ER!! But he came back with a 25-pound weight loss!! That right there just proves - ANYONE can do this!!! They weren't the biggest losers, but wow, what a close week. So now I've got the DVR set to record that since I am only off every other Tuesday. I'll watch it Wednesday morning, or on the weekend.

I went upstairs to the bedroom I used to share with my husband (we now sleep in separate rooms) to see if my handweights were in there. Oh gosh...the smell is awful. emoticon I cannot believe I could ignore it before. I know he washes the sheets once a week, since I usually pull them out of the dryer. emoticon So it's not that.

Ah well. I can live with separate rooms for awhile. I have a workbook to finish to add a course to my credit reports, it shows that I am learning/have learned to manage my money and it will look better on my report. That is Sunday's plan. It shouldn't take me but a day or 2 to read the book and do the worksheets. Then I can mail that off. I also need to write my bankruptcy attorney and see if he can explain to me why my student loans were not discharged under my Chapter 13. A friend was doing research and she thinks they should have been. That would be a huge relief, since they are pushing $360 a month. That is very hard on the pocketbook, to say the least!!

Well, it is almost time to go to bed. Thank you for listening to my rambling...

~~Heather

No comments: