Monday, August 11, 2008

Rainy Monday


I thought this picture was funny. emoticon At the bottom of the screen when our local news or the CBS morning news is on, they have temperatures for the larger towns & cities. I'm originally from Rapid City, and I still have friends and family in the area, so I watch for it yet. Today, it appears the entire town was missing. emoticon

My not-so-dear DH is off to work for a couple hours. On his day off. Because they're going to have a busy lunch. Since he did the schedule this week, one would presume he would have been smart enough to schedule for that. emoticon Mind you, he is on salary, so he gets no extra pay for this, and it taxes the already tight gasoline budget. But he doesn't think like that. When I finally told him my thoughts on how much gas he *should* be using based on the lowest gas mileage he's told me he's gotten (15 mpg in a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am with which I *had* been getting 28 before we met?) and the size gas tank, and asked why it seems like he uses so much more (he's running out of gas again between paydays, so he's borrowing money from work), his reply was it's because he's running a lot of errands for work. Excuse me?? emoticon You're using our gas money to run work errands?? Enough that it's taking up almost 50% of our gas budget?? I told him no way, he needs to get reimbursed for that because we can't afford it. No comment from him (this was Friday) and he's off to work on his day off. Lovely.

I know...developing a crush on TV personality is exactly what LuckyDuck2 said yesterday...emoticon Safe. What can I say, I'm a romantic at heart. emoticon But I do know nothing would have ever come of it. I am lucky in that there is no physical abuse, no verbal abuse. But there is what I would consider emotional abuse. Not to mention the gambling and the lying. There is no sex life, and no attraction either. He did help do dishes this weekend....after he got pissed off at me for trying to explain to him about DS's reaction. That, and when company is coming or I say "This is what we're going to do today" are the only times he helps out around the house.

I could go on and on, but I really should get some work done. emoticon It's all pretty much SSDD, and until I can make enough money to be self-supportive, I'm stuck. Wal-Mart is looking pretty good again...the horrors!! emoticon

~~Heather

No comments: