Saturday, June 20, 2009

Walking around the lake

So yesterday I had to drop the spousal unit off at work a 7 am. I decided it was a good time to check out Ravine Lake. I took the dog and walked around the lake. It was beautiful! The first thing I saw was:




It's kind of hard to see, but it's a red-winged blackbird that sang to me as I walked past. Dusty and I got almost all the way around and this little guy caught her eye:




I like frogs, I don't know why. :-)

And these caught my eye:




I could take nature pictures all day...lol

The sidewalk around the lake is actually an exercise path and it's marked off at the 1/2 mile and 3/4 mile (I don't remember seeing the 1/4 mile marker but it could be along the section where I park and walk across the parking lot instead). In fact, we enjoyed it so much we did it again today! I think that, for as long as I can, since I have to drop my son off at work on Tuesdays and Thursdays anyway, I may try to make this a habit to get in to.

My contract is not paying and has no idea when he will. Even after promising me he would pay even if it meant coming out of his own pocket! So I am pretty much done. I have a general transcription contract that I'm going to throw myself in to. At least I KNOW they pay on time! It's still a net 30, but the check is in the mail in 30 days. It's not my medical transcription, but I need to pay the bills, end of subject.

My son is still loving his job...and still really testing my ability to say no! LOL But he knows we just can't afford any more critters right now. He did sprain his wrist before going to camp and has a splint on it for a few days. I think starting tomorrow he can go from wearing it all day to wearing it "as needed for pain."

I haven't been keeping track of what I eat, but I have been listening to my body and making sure I have healthier foods on hand. I have gotten a lot better about eating only when I'm hungry. And so far that's equated to losing the 6 pounds I'd gained back earlier this year. Yay!! Adding in a walk 2-3 times a week will definitely help and I definitely want to add strength training again. I just need to ignore the depression that is trying to set in and do it. :-)

Let's see how the week plays out!

No comments: