Sunday, March 05, 2017

Week 8 on Profile by Sanford

Again, my Profile weeks run from Wednesday to Tuesday, since I started on a Wednesday. So this is from February 22 through 28, 2017.

Last Friday we babysat our two fantastic nephews - and we got pizza again. But again with spinach and zucchini added. I decided to just not fret over the weekend as we spent some fun times with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews. I did watch my portions and stopped when I was done instead of worrying about that clean plate club.



This past week has been a bit rough, too. But for the most part I was on plan. We were still on overtime Monday and Tuesday and that takes its toll on me - I worked over 13 hours on Tuesday. So I knew I wasn't going to have a lot of changes because when I'm tired and frustrated I retain water. When I am not moving for long stretches of time, my ankles start looking like softballs, poor things. But I am most definitely not complaining because I am still seeing progress:



Was it "only" 1 pound? Yup. But look at those hips - down 5 inches. That's a lot!! And in my blue jeans, it shows. They don't fit right there anymore and chafe a wee bit. My abdomen, which is measured at the belly button - 3-1/2 inches. And I know that this is not an all-or-nothing thing - I am not always going to lose weight. But I am healthier, and I can feel it. For the first time all winter, I got a sinus infection. That comes from eating healthier, people. I feel more confident, too. Of course, this might have helped in that area: I tried on a dress a couple of weeks ago and while Casey and the store attendant both said it looked great, I still wasn't sure. Three teenage girls came in and all three squee'd and said how fantastic/gorgeous/wonderful it looked on me. On me. And you know those teenage girls aren't going to lie! hehe (And yes, the dress came home and when the weather is appropriate it will get worn!) Those are all things that will help me along this path.

The air fryer is definitely getting used. Chicken, just plain with seasonings, no breading, comes out super moist in that thing. Fish last night, again, fantastic. And today I got up the gumption to experiment a bit!



Spinach pizza crust from Profile by Sanford here - spinach, grated Parmesan, an egg - we were out of basil so I added garlic salt (fresh ground) and some oregano instead. I put it in the air fryer for 15 minutes at 400. I was a bit concerned when I took it out as it looked almost over-cooked. But I flipped it over and it was not done on that side. I added a bit of marinara sauce and some shredded cheese and put it back in for 5 minutes at 350 (all temps Fahrenheit). SUPER good. I'll definitely be making more of these - time to prep onions, mushrooms, and other toppings! It was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, almost like a bread crust would have been! I couldn't taste the spinach hardly at all, either.

This week is back to regular time at work and I'm hoping for some walks after work as the weather is looking to be pretty doggone nice! We got some tint for the windows of the Skoolie yesterday and that's on this week's agenda. Once the tint is up we can focus on final layout and get started framing. Progress!!

Heather

No comments: