Sunday, March 12, 2017

Week 9 on Profile by Sanford

Again, my Profile weeks run from Wednesday to Tuesday, since I started on a Wednesday. So this is from March 1 through March 7, 2017.

Rough, rough week. I made a few poor choices, more than I should have, and it showed. I really need to re-focus - my coworkers, bless them, are so sweet and SO food-enabling! They bring in the treats and then say things like they try to bring things everyone likes - with a pointed look at me. I need to remember that my health is more important - they know I'm working on my health. What they don't know, and what I'm not comfortable telling them, is how hard this is mentally for me.

On a side note - my supervisor has "forbidden" me from wearing my favorite purple sweatshirt to work - it's just too big, she said!! And even with the poor numbers this week - there are other NSVs (non-scale victories). The black jeans now need to be constantly hitched up as well. And while this current weekend (the 11-12th of March) has been rough - Saturday we went to my brother's house where my sister-in-law made a wonderful meal (ham, mashed potatotes and green beans) AND cake for my Dad's birthday AND ice cream! (All fantastic!!) For supper we went to Pizza Ranch, as well. For those unfamiliar, it's basically a pizza buffet with a token salad bar. :-) I did have a large salad but I also had 3 small slices of pizza, a tiny cheesy breadstick, and a small piece of dessert pizza. Why is this on the NSV list, you ask? Because I didn't take my antacid yesterday. And I didn't wake up with acid reflux. Not even heartburn. NOT even a feeling of discomfort from overeating when we went to bed. So things are definitely changing for the better!

Without further bush-beating, the numbers.



Not a lot of difference. The measurements are all over the place, though, which was going to start driving me nuts. And then I read this article:

The Whoosh Effect

Interesting reading, and a very good reminder of not letting numbers affect my actions and thoughts as I go along this journey.

This week's goals are to re-vamp my thinking and try to figure out some way to get exercise in. I need to get in to Planet Fitness and do a walk-through on the circuit again - I'm thinking 1/2 circuit on the mornings Casey opens will be good (I really only have 15-20 minutes actual workout time before going to work) and then some walking or something in the afternoons. We'll see.

So until next time....keep on keepin' on!!

Heather

No comments: