Sunday, January 15, 2017

Profile by Sanford Days 4-12

My weigh ins are on Wednesday mornings, and then because we have no spare time in the morning, I do my measurements that night. So as of Wednesday:

Weight: -8.15 lbs
Neck: -0.50 inches
Chest: -0.50 inches
Waist: -0.00 inches
Abdomen: -0.50 inches
Hips: -0.50 inches
Thigh: -1.00 inches
Calf: -0.50 inches

Total of 7 inches which is pretty impressive. And it's the first time I've ever seen the calf measurement go down! My coach said to expect about 2-3 pounds per week from here on out. I am still trying to find an app that will let me log everything in one place as far as measurements. I'm just not happy so far with most of the free ones. I want to track all of those measurements (and my blood pressure once I get a monitor again!) and it seems most of them limit you to only a few. The one I'm using I may use the "Forearm" for my calf - we'll see.

As far as shake flavors, I've decided to order just the chocolate and vanilla. I purchased 2 bottles of sugar-free Torani syrup and 1 bottle of DaVinci sugar-free syrup, so I have caramel, strawberry, and hazelnut. Those and peanut butter powder will give me a lot of variety. The bars I'm going to continue with the variety pack for now. Of the flavors, the chocolate almond and the fudge graham are probably my least favorite. The cinnamon is a lot better than I thought it would be! The lemony tea has grown on me and so I ordered both flavors again. And I'm not needing the ShapeWise chews hardly at all anymore.

Figuring out the veggies is the hardest bit but we're managing. I've been having a mock caprese salad at work - small tomatoes with a string cheese and a drizzle of balsamic (1/3 cup of tomatoes per day only) and then 1/3 cup of sugar snap peas and 1/3 cup of sliced carrots go on to my salad mix which is spinach and baby greens I think. I'm struggling with the bitterness plus those bags go bad pretty quickly. It has been interesting to see that the stores are "jumping on the bandwagon;" we've purchased a cauliflower/broccoli rice and I've seen several others in the freezer section. We splurged and got a spiralizer and a cookbook this past week and I'm really looking forward to playing with it!



I am now getting receipts emailed manually by my coach (although there was one in the box this week, too) and it sounds like they're really overhauling their systems this year to get them all interconnected and more user-friendly. That has to be good news for them, too!! I also splurged a little bit here and got their January promo which is 2-20 ounce blender bottles, a Profile Member Journey Book, Profile Cookbook and 1 box of drink enhancers. Since I already have the cookbook, I did say he could give that to someone else. But I've been seeing pictures on the Facebook page of the Journey Book and thought I would love to have that - it's a journal of sorts, if I'm understanding it correctly.

Water water water. Still getting my 52 ounces in before lunch and refilling the 16-ounce glass twice after lunch plus sipping my Diet Dr Pepper throughout the day.

I've had 3 challenges this week - we went out to eat twice and went to the movies with my nephews! First out-to-eat was at Perkins and I had their build-your-own omelette with tomatoes, spinach, mushroom, and onions. I then had my normal lunch of veggies and meal replacement (with extra veggies to make up for lunch) for supper. Then the movies - everyone but me had popcorn but after the initial desire to dive right in, I did fine. Which is super impressive for me because I LOVE me some popcorn!! Today Dad and I went in to town and we went to Wendy's for lunch - I had their side salad with the pomegranate dressing and water to which I added my meal replacement. So we shall see what we shall see on Wednesday! I also bought a nice lunch tote and containers more geared toward the 21-day whatever but I'm going to start making 2 of my meal replacements into puddings to take to work and these will do the trick nicely. I also got a plastic utensil set: fork/spoon/knife/chopsticks with interchangeable handles, and a big bowl that I can use to either microwave food or put my salad in.

So that's this week - let's see what the next week brings!!

No comments: