Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hello from the Black Hills!!

My son and I are spending the week at my Dad's house. The main goal is to sort through...oh, 30+ years of clutter! My son and I worked on it a little bit yesterday morning. We're sorting toys to be given away, kept for my nephews to play with when visiting Grandpa, and kept as sentiment. Dad had made me a Barbie doll house....23 years ago? Maybe even longer. I'm going to be taking that home with me, and probably all of my Barbie stuff. I have a niece who visits often, and she will enjoy it. Although, it has a lot of sentimental value, so it may become a "showpiece" instead. We'll see.

I'm also going to be taking home stuff Mom saved from as far back as elementary school. I have no doubt I will even find stuff from before then. My brother doesn't want his, but Dad & I feel that it might be "safer" to box it up and store it just in case he changes his mind or his wife or sons have a curiosity.

Today I will get to spend the day with my sister-in-law and my 2 nephews (2-1/2 years and 9 months). I am so looking forward to it! Partially because I get to use my Hobby Lobby gift card I got for my b-day, but mostly because I get to spend time with my family. I am desperately lonely where we live. My son spent last night with one of his best friends, and I'll get him back this afternoon. Then we'll spend the evening with another friend. Tomorrow we'll spend the day working upstairs. Thursday I'll hang out with my sister-in-law at her house (and if it's nice enough, we'll go to the beach at Sheridan Lake again!!).

We'll be going home Monday morning. I won't have a weigh in until Tuesday morning. I've also decided to move my treadmill downstairs so I can watch Night Court in the mornings!! lol

Well, it's time to get going to meet my sister-in-law. Thanks for reading!!

~~Heather

No comments: