Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Happy July 2

I was watching a repeat of David Letterman the other night. His guest was Julia Roberts. What a fun segment!! She actually had him speechless a few times. And she looks incredible, of course. I would love to be able to sit down and have lunch with her someday. Wouldn't that be a treat?!

I'm slacking this week on movement. I'm struggling to hit 1,000 steps a day...youch!! We kind of spent a week of no schedules while my DH was on vacation. I need to get back into a routine, that's for sure. Even when the alarm is set, DH turns it off if he wakes up before it. Hello? I need it too!! Oy. It doesn't help that we've been staying up until 11 or so at night, either. Need to work on that and drinking more water and moving. I bet I sound like a broken record!! LOL

My DS will be leaving for 5 days tomorrow, to go visiting relatives. Lucky him. :-) I was supposed to go, but will be doing my training.

I read an article at the Newsweek website about the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) wanting to euthanize wild horses!! They are "overcrowded" in the corrals. Well, put 'em back in the wild, dodoheads!! *sigh* But lobbyists for the beef industry have convinced WA that the horses (27,000 left) are doing more damage to wild lands than 4+ million cattle. Hmm...let's think about this.

Some ranchers are turning to raising buffalo over cattle. Why? Well...for one, cattle will bury a watering hole/spring. Put a herd of buffalo in the same pasture, they will find it back and open it back up. Put a herd of cattle in a blizzard, they will turn tail to it and start to walk...right off cliffs, into creeks, etc. Buffalo? They do something we all should do with our problems: They face the blizzard head on and survive.

I like beef as much as the next person. However, I don't think 27,000 mustangs are harming the federal lands (you know...the lands we *all* pay taxes on) more than 4+ million cattle.

I could go on and on, but I won't. It's frustrating to me. I've never been into politics, but some things just irritate me.

At least it's a nice day today. Yesterday got a little warm for my taste...almost had to turn the AC on!! :-)

~~Heather

No comments: