Saturday, June 28, 2008

End of June already?

Time just seems to fly by, doesn't it?

I couldn't stay on as a kennel assistant. Because of my weight, and the nature of the job, I developed prepatellar bursitis...aka "housewife's knee." If I wanted to continue working, it would have eventually meant steroid injections. Not fun. That, and every other weekend I would have had to drive 20 miles, worked 2 hours, come home, drive back and work for an hour and a half to 2 hours, or stay in town for 6 hours between. That's a lot of gas spent, or time wasted. Between the two, I made the difficult decision to leave. I was bummed, as I was losing about 2 pounds a week with that job!! lol And I truly did love it, and loved the people I worked with.

But I am still working for the medical transcription service out of Phoenix, and I love it. I am seeing that I still have a lot to learn, and I need to proofread a little better. :-) I love the flexibility of it. I did test with 2 other companies today, but if they don't come through, I'm OK with that.

The telephone surveys job has me doing the last of my training this week. It's been a long wait, but I am anxious to get started. This one will be my bread and butter while I continue to improve my transcription skills. It is also weekly pay which will really be nice!! :-)

We'll be staying here for quite awhile. Things are just too iffy right now to try selling this house and getting another one. We're OK here, and so we will just run with it. I was a little upset that our "balanced budget" electric bill went up $70 a month. They dropped it from $189 to $154 in January (we went to balanced budget in October of last year) and now it is up to $219. I know it's in part due to the late-starting long-lasting cold weather, but it is still frustrating. Had they never dropped it before, we wouldn't have the large "debit" on our account. Oh well. What do you do? :-)

Hope all is well with everyone!!

~~Heather

No comments: