Sunday, August 20, 2006

It's our First Anniversary!!

We made it to one year!! LOL It's been such a stressful first year, it just shows that we really do have the perseverance for the long haul. :-) He also became an "instant Dad" to a 13 year old boy, so for everyone it's been quite the adjustment.

In addition to all my other projects, I hit a thrift store yesterday and picked up enough yarn to make a cat tunnel for my kitties. It will be a turquoise and white (2 strands white to 1 strand turqouise, crocheted 3 strands throughout.

I also picked up some supplies to make a drop spindle out of a dowel and 2 CDs to try my hand at spinning. I'm very fortunate that Isela is sending me some roving so I can try to spin some yarn! Just in searching eBay I've found so many colors and textures of roving to spin into yarn, including buffalo down!! We'll see, though, I may simply not like the process of spinning. But if I do, here's hoping my brother will be nice enough to make me a spinning wheel! LOL

Heather

No comments: