Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Beginnings

So, I'm done with my training at my second job and so I can resume my regular schedule of being up late and waking up late. My intention this week is to get up and do Self magazine's Stairing Contest. Modified, of course.

Essentially, it's 50 steps with the right leg, 50 with the left and then 10 incline pushups on the stairs in between sets. You're supposed to do this on the stairway but mine is older and so they're rather tall. I'll be using my step and then doing incline pushups against the wall. And I'll be starting with one set three times a week. My ankle and hip are bugging me and so I don't want to push it too much. No sense hurting myself further, right?

This weekend I've been suffering slightly from a case of cabin fever. I'm tired of watching TV (well, Netflix and DVDs) and I'm tired of putzing around online. I want to sit on my front porch and listen to audiobooks and knit. I want to walk around the lake and not worry about freezing. I want to go fishing, and not ice fishing!! I want to go camping. What can I say, cold weather does it to me every time. :-)

On the crafty front, I have a baby project going for a friend of mine who is pregnant, a secret square project, and I'm test knitting a fingerless gloves pattern. I'm sure there's more but those are the top three I'm working on. The baby project is crocheted, the other two are both knit.

The second job is going well. It's a front desk clerk and my co-workers are pretty great. It is only part-time as well but every penny helps. It was nice to treat my son to delivery pizza last night, for example. We've lived here for a year and have only been able to get it once in that time. It tasted good and now I'm good for awhile again.

Not a lot else -- these next few months will be filled with work and culling things that I don't want to move 1,000 miles. And, quite frankly, there will be a lot of things that I just won't be wanting to move that far. I hope Salvation Army and Goodwill are prepared for me!!!

No comments: